Tuesday, November 11, 2014

The Thing With Gone Girl



Gone Girl is A MUST READ book in 2014 as well as its movie also is A MUST WATCH in this fall.

I don't have the chance to watch it in cinema since Malaysia is not releasing it so I read the book. Let me tell you my process with the book from after I bought it.

After I bought it:
Excited! Aaaaaa YES YES YES I GOT THE BOOK!
Damn I can't wait to read it but I have to finish the one I'm still on. I cannot jump to another one without finishing the current. I couldn't focus.
Finally after I finished the previous, "Gone Girl I finally can touch you ~!" A bit touchy when I can finally read it haha..

Me into the book:
Oh this is damn good!
What will the ending be? (Tempted to look behind but my mind was telling "NO! Hands back to where you are!").
Nick's bad husband. Pity good Amy.
Oh My God! Really?!
Hah! You deserve it!
Wow. I did not expect this. It's thrilling! And this human is freaking crazily scary.
Oh this is another good mystery turn.
Is this love?
Oh shit! Luckily there's no one like this crazy around me.

When I have to put down this book for something else:
Man, faster! I want Gone Girl! I want to know what's next and I'm almost in the end!

In and after the ending:
YES GO GET IT!. JAIL! PRISON!
You can do it!
Oh you're a so damn insane, crazy, monster.
Almost there! Hang on the spirit!
UH! W H A T?!



When I finished it I couldn't believe this is the end. Then I immediately googled "Gone Girl ending review" and apparently I'm not the only one. I wished for justice but it's more than that (Ops spoiler). After a night of sleep I was still thinking about the ending and I started to accept it. This is how the characters end the story with their way. Gillian Flynn did a good job actually.

I give 4.5 stars out of 5. If you haven't get into this story, watch the movie or read the book. It's a marvellous mystery/thriller story I personally love and is now my top favourite so far. Every character has their purposes in the story and none of the pages can bored you (maybe the beginning, just a little introduce of how it started. A little. But then very quickly you'll find it addictive).

Yes, it's addictive. You'd wish your eyes, brain and hands are attached with the book all the time, walk through the stories, scan every words, feel it - happy, sad, scared, thrill your mind with it and still cannot let it go, isolate yourself bugging with Gone Girl, till you feel like you're Nick or Amy, imagine yourself in the scene. Because when I was into this book, my mood being dragged.

Yes, Gone Girl is like a drug, only when you're reading it. If you watch the movie, I believe you'll be mentally swagged. This is the thing and you'll be astonished by. So, this is the warning!

I just want to say, what an awesome remarkable novel!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 
Header Background Designed by Freepik